Alumni Spotlight – Domenica Jones
* Interpersonal/Organizational Communication Major
* Undergraduate Sport Business Management Program
* Graduated from UCF in 2014
* Currently Pursuing MBA in Sport Management at Florida Atlantic University
* Current Career: Florida Atlantic University Athletics — Executive Assistant to the Athletic Director/Human Resources Coordinator/Director of Athletic Guest Relations
What advice would you give to current students who want to work in the sport industry?
Everyone knows breaking into the sports industry is extremely hard and competitive. However, with perseverance and hard work it can be a very rewarding career choice. During my time as an undergrad at UCF I volunteered for as many events as I could and gained most of my experience through internships (I highly recommend internships!). This helped me when applying for my first jobs out of college because my resume was overflowing with experience. If you can play to your strengths, set yourself apart from the rest, and never give up, you will succeed.